Following the latest Government announcement - The Cutting Corner will be reopening on Saturday 4th July
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data.
Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
The Cutting-Corner is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. What personal data do we collect from you and where do we collect it from?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. We will only ever collect the information when we need to fulfil our purposes.
We collect information from:
• Information that you give us directly: for example, when you contact our staff via phone, email or website to request our services, or request our newsletter.
• Information from your use of our website (www.cutting-corner.co.uk); we collect non-personal data such as IP addresses, details of pages visited, and files downloaded, Website usage information is collected using cookies.
Sensitive /special categories of data: Data Protection regulations recognise that certain categories of data are sensitive. They include: racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious or philosophical beliefs, health or sexual orientation. We do not collect sensitive data unless there is a clear reason for doing so. For example, for addressing our customer correspondence correctly (Mr, Mrs, Dr etc.)
4. How do we process your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
• To administer membership records;
• To manage our employees and volunteers;
• To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
• To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at The Cutting-Corner.
5. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
We rely on a variety of legal bases for processing personal data depending on the purpose of the activity being undertaken.
We make wide use of your consent, for example all our communications activity that keeps you informed about news, events and services.
We use compliance with a legal obligation as the basis of processing for any legally required activities such as HMRC’s requests for information in response to gift aid audits.
We use contracts as a basis for many of our obligations under employment, social security or social protection law for our staff.
6. Sharing your personal data
We never share your data for other organisations to use for their own purposes.
We do share information with other organisations who provide a service to us, for example paint or metal work finishers.
We do share data where we are under a legal obligation to do so (for example Gift Aid audits by HMRC)
Within The Cutting-Corner, your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other staff members of The Cutting-Corner if required to enable them to carry out a service on your behalf.
7. How do we store your Personal data and keep it safe?
The Cutting-Corner complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the General Data Protection Regulations.
Where your information is no longer required we will ensure that it is disposed of in a
9. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
• The right to request a copy of your personal data The Cutting-Corner holds about you;
• The right to request that The Cutting-Corner corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for The Cutting-Corner to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability),
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
10. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
11. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Administrative Officer, Steve Perry, at The Cutting-Corner, 140 Buckingham Road, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK3 5JA
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Visit Our Traditional Barber Shop Today!
The Cutting Corner
140 Buckingham Road
Tel: 01908 375987
2a The High Street
Tel: 01296 715240
74a The High Street
Tel: 01296 714429
Thursday, Friday & Saturday Only
Wednesday & Thursday Only
The Cutting Corner